Part 2: Caskett, and their endless love.
//Continuation//
Weeks passed by. Everything was different. After all the frosts and tough times, there wasn't a trace of chill in the air. Enough bitterness. The mildness and warmth were scarcely believable. The sea lay, violet colored, hush- hushing, turning and heaving, not breaking into foamy waves, it was one sinuous ripple from shore to horizon, its sound, the muted sound of distant forests of peace.
Lanie, the forensic analyst, Kate's best friend visited her in the hospital daily. One such day she woke up.
"Where you been, Kate?! I was so worried 'bout you girl!"
"Lanie! So good to see you! Where's Castle?"
"Right outside. He visited you more than I did Kate! Something going on? Did you guys finally get together?"
"Relax, Lane. Don't call him yet. I need to talk to you."
"Can't it wait? You've been out for 3 weeks Beck."
"Oh. But it can't. This is really important!"
"Bring it on, what's up?"
"Just after I was shot, I fell right into Rick's arms. He held me. He looked into my eyes and he said it. He said he loved me!!! What should I do? How do I face him?"
"Look, maybe it's the wrong time, or maybe he's even the wrong guy. But if he is, how long are you gonna wait to find out? Ten years I've been giving corpses company, while they spent a night or two in my morgue, on their way to where we're all going. They all had plans, Kate. Things they were going to do when they got around to it: go on a cruise, lose a few pounds, fall in love. They all thought they had all the time in the world world. But nobody does."
"Thanks, Lane. You're right. I should just go for it."
"I'll go get him!!!" she said, as she smirked.
Castle was overjoyed and he rushed to Kate. The love of his life. Rick and Kate had the room to themselves. "How are you Kate? I missed you. I thought I'd lost you."
"Really fine actually. Even though I was unconscious, I'm sure i missed you too rick. And I know what you're going to say, that it can wait and all, but no, it can't. I love you Rick. I can't wait to solve the mysteries of life with you."
Castle just smiled.
"The doctor said kissing will speed my recovery!" Kate sniggered.
Castle's lips crashed with Kate's.
It was a delicious feeling, falling in love. He'd had so many luxuries in his life, and he thought he'd had this taste before, but he realized it was merely a cheap imitation of something not meant to be imitated in the first place. Fragments of the blue sky seemed to have dropped on the meadow, so thickly was it strewn, with small blue blossoms. Like colored pennants, the butterflies fluttered and floated among the shining white trunks of the birches. The delicate green foliage gave forth a soft rustle. Castle's house in the Hampton's was beautiful, and Beckett loved it there. The Sun twinkled on the waters surface like thousands of tiny electric lights going on and off. The carpet of tulips and garland of trees stood before her. As their fingers intertwined. Eyes gaze into the unknown. Dreams racing through their minds, they whisper their wishes on a twinkle. Now with patience they watch it unfold. To infinity and beyond, Mr. and Mrs. Castle to-be.
~
One fine crime- solving day, the Castles had yet another murder to solve. One they'd been working on longer than usual. They had it figured today. Rick made Kate a cup of coffee as they sat on their balcony coffee table, sighing their pains away. Beckett went in to get them a blanket. "Wait a minute, Kate... I was thinking, even if Caleb wasn't the killer..." were Castle's last words.
"Castle? you were saying? Continueeee!" shouted Kate from the bedroom, questioning his abrupt stop. She ran out and there he was, lying dead on the floor, 4 shots to the heart, behind whom stood Caleb. "I knew you'd figure it out. Too late suckers. See you two in hell." he said as he shot her. 4 shots the heart.
The End.
Weeks passed by. Everything was different. After all the frosts and tough times, there wasn't a trace of chill in the air. Enough bitterness. The mildness and warmth were scarcely believable. The sea lay, violet colored, hush- hushing, turning and heaving, not breaking into foamy waves, it was one sinuous ripple from shore to horizon, its sound, the muted sound of distant forests of peace.
Lanie, the forensic analyst, Kate's best friend visited her in the hospital daily. One such day she woke up.
"Where you been, Kate?! I was so worried 'bout you girl!"
"Lanie! So good to see you! Where's Castle?"
"Right outside. He visited you more than I did Kate! Something going on? Did you guys finally get together?"
"Relax, Lane. Don't call him yet. I need to talk to you."
"Can't it wait? You've been out for 3 weeks Beck."
"Oh. But it can't. This is really important!"
"Bring it on, what's up?"
"Just after I was shot, I fell right into Rick's arms. He held me. He looked into my eyes and he said it. He said he loved me!!! What should I do? How do I face him?"
"Look, maybe it's the wrong time, or maybe he's even the wrong guy. But if he is, how long are you gonna wait to find out? Ten years I've been giving corpses company, while they spent a night or two in my morgue, on their way to where we're all going. They all had plans, Kate. Things they were going to do when they got around to it: go on a cruise, lose a few pounds, fall in love. They all thought they had all the time in the world world. But nobody does."
"Thanks, Lane. You're right. I should just go for it."
"I'll go get him!!!" she said, as she smirked.
Castle was overjoyed and he rushed to Kate. The love of his life. Rick and Kate had the room to themselves. "How are you Kate? I missed you. I thought I'd lost you."
"Really fine actually. Even though I was unconscious, I'm sure i missed you too rick. And I know what you're going to say, that it can wait and all, but no, it can't. I love you Rick. I can't wait to solve the mysteries of life with you."
Castle just smiled.
"The doctor said kissing will speed my recovery!" Kate sniggered.
Castle's lips crashed with Kate's.
It was a delicious feeling, falling in love. He'd had so many luxuries in his life, and he thought he'd had this taste before, but he realized it was merely a cheap imitation of something not meant to be imitated in the first place. Fragments of the blue sky seemed to have dropped on the meadow, so thickly was it strewn, with small blue blossoms. Like colored pennants, the butterflies fluttered and floated among the shining white trunks of the birches. The delicate green foliage gave forth a soft rustle. Castle's house in the Hampton's was beautiful, and Beckett loved it there. The Sun twinkled on the waters surface like thousands of tiny electric lights going on and off. The carpet of tulips and garland of trees stood before her. As their fingers intertwined. Eyes gaze into the unknown. Dreams racing through their minds, they whisper their wishes on a twinkle. Now with patience they watch it unfold. To infinity and beyond, Mr. and Mrs. Castle to-be.
~
One fine crime- solving day, the Castles had yet another murder to solve. One they'd been working on longer than usual. They had it figured today. Rick made Kate a cup of coffee as they sat on their balcony coffee table, sighing their pains away. Beckett went in to get them a blanket. "Wait a minute, Kate... I was thinking, even if Caleb wasn't the killer..." were Castle's last words.
"Castle? you were saying? Continueeee!" shouted Kate from the bedroom, questioning his abrupt stop. She ran out and there he was, lying dead on the floor, 4 shots to the heart, behind whom stood Caleb. "I knew you'd figure it out. Too late suckers. See you two in hell." he said as he shot her. 4 shots the heart.
The End.
Comments
Post a Comment